Tech Girls Exchange Program in the USA is a great resource for women to, empower their skills. The applications for the Tech girls program are now open. This program is forecasted to generate effective change for women by endorsing the young women to build a network of progressive souls. The tech girls program supports and connects the next generation of women in many fields like technology, science, engineering, and mathematics. These opportunities access the women to advance their abilities and continue their dreams.
The tech girls program has educated and mentored almost 343 teenage girls since 2012. These teenagers are from different countries; like Egypt, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine territories, Yemen, and Tunisia. In 2019, the tech girls program broadened and added the young girls from central Asia. Central Asia included Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan.
The tech girls program is 27 days of working experience in the United States. This program is held under the partnership of Virginia Tech University. Tech girls participate in computer camps and technology. After participating in the camp the women have to travel to one of the listed cities (Chicago, Austin, Denver, Portland, Cincinnati, and Seattle). The camp is completed by extra activities like site visits to many technology companies, supervision experience job shadow experience, community assistance services, and also homestay with American families. Tech girls program is the full package of skills development and interaction with America’s most creative experts. This program encourages young girls to improve their skills and women can attain higher education in their related fields. Below are some of the details related to this program.
Tech Girls Exchange Program Details
- Country: USA
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Duration: 4 Weeks
Eligible Countries For Tech Girls Exchange Program
Tech girls can be selected from the following countries.
- East Asia and the Pacific
It includes Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
- Sub-Saharan African
It includes Cameron, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda South Africa.
- Europe and Eurasia
Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, Turkey, Albania, and Cyprus are included in Europe and Eurasia.
- The Middle East and North Africa
Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Morocco, Tunisia and, Territories are included.
- Western Hemisphere
Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Costa Rica, surname, and Honduras.
- South and Central Asia
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan and, Tajikistani are included.
- A girl should be between the age of 15 and 17 years.
- Girls should have strong English language skills.
- Girls who plan to pursue their higher education or wish to pursue technology skills are eligible for this exchange program.
- Candidates must be ready to fulfill the community service project in their home country after the completion of the Tech girls exchanges program.
Benefits of Tech Girls Exchange Program
- The full visa fee is provided to candidates.
- Flight expenses are funded by this program.
- Housing expenses are provided.
- Local transportation is also provided.
- Health insurance is provided.
- The meal is also given three times a day.
- There is a chance to participate in cultural events.
- A photograph
- Previous school transcript
- Passport number
- Essay question required to be filled
Deadline for application
The deadline for application for the Tech Girls exchange program is 15 January 2022.
How to Apply Tech girls exchange Program
- Applicants have to register themselves by visiting the official website, before starting the Tech girls program.
- Applicants must have all the required documents.
- You can apply for this program by visiting the official websites of Tech Girls.